Nov 22, 2013
In this special edition of IQ Talk, Sumit Dutta, Adam Barsby and Arran Oakes from Gaming IQ have only one topic on their minds – the much anticipated launch of the Microsoft Xbox One.
It’s been eight long years since the Xbox 360 was released and Xbox fans the world over are chomping at the bit for a worthy successor. The road to the Xbox One has been bumpy with a more than a few controversies along the way, but its immense potential is undeniable.
In this episode we examine every aspect of the new system and ask if Microsoft is truly ready for the next gen. What are you waiting for?
IN THIS EPISODE:
- The announcement – what were our initial reactions to the name, form and strategy?
- What are the lessons learned from the Xbox launch?
- How have Sony & Microsoft’s attitudes have shifted from the last-gen launches?
- Were Microsoft too bold with their initial ideas?
- Digital Distribution – too soon?
- Are gamers holding back innovation?
- Were Microsoft penalised for building a long term strategy?
- How does Steam get away with similar ideas on DRM?
- Xbox 180: Microsoft’s messaging errors
- Did their E3 showing change perceptions?
- All In One: Does the launch tagline work?
- The launch line-up – does it excite?
- Is the real battle going to take place in 2014?
- Will early perception have a serious impact on future sales?
- What does the future look like for Xbox One?
Our soundtrack is the theme from Halo 3, part of the series that transformed a fledgling platform into a console colossus.
Let us know what you thought of the show in the comments section below and on Twitter
Recorded Friday 21 November 2013 | Duration 46:58
- Xbox One to Prevail in Launch Window Sales?
- Microsoft offer Free Dedicated Servers to Developers for Xbox One
- PS4 50% more powerful than Xbox One – What would that mean?
- Xbox One Release Delayed Across Europe – from 21 down to 13 Countries
- “Xbotched”; What Can We Predict From the Xbox One’s Shaky First Steps?
- Xbox One vs. PlayStation 4: Who’s Winning, Post E3?
- Sony PS4 Gunning for Microsoft Xbox One: Let Battle Commence!
- Details come to light on Xbox One plans for pre-owned games
- Xbox One Update #1: “Always On”, Backwards Compatibility & Xbox Live..
- The New Xbox One (Reveal Round-Up)
- Microsoft Launches ID@Xbox Self Publishing For Indies