Nov 15, 2013
In this edition of IQ Talk, Sumit Dutta, Adam Barsby, Arran Oakes and Gerald Clarke from Gaming IQ talk all things Mobile and ask whether Mobile gaming can compete and even eclipse console gaming.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- Will the launch of iPad Air and Android 4.4 (KitKat) shake up the market?
- Why is Google Play Games bringing in less revenue than the App store even with more downloads?
- How can developers and platform holders increase discoverability?
- How worried should Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft be?
- How will the PS Vita and 3DS react?
- How can developers improve controls and input standardisation ever going to happen?
- Are mobile games too big?
- Are developers making good users of device functionality?
- Freemium vs. Initial purchase – What’s the best model?
- Can Microtransactions shape evolving gaming experiences?
That infectious faint chirping in the background can only be the theme from mobile blockbuster, Angry Birds!
Recorded Friday 15 November 2013
- Mobile Gaming: A Threat or Blessing to Handheld Consoles?
- The Mobile Gaming Revolution: An End to Social Gaming?
- Google Play Beats App Store Downloads, Half the Revenue
- The New iPad Air – Can Apple Resist Android Takeover?
- New App Markets on the Horizon: Smart TVs and Watches
- Freemium Content: The Pros and Cons for Developer and Consumer
- Google Play Games Launches to Unify Android Gaming
Let us know what you think in the comments section below and on Twitter